Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dave Courtney 1959-2023

Options
  • 22-10-2023 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭

Associate of the Kray twins, actor, author and media personality…apparently died last night at home from a self inflicted gunshot wound….

a very outgoing, outspoken and ostentatious personality who was always worth a look on YouTube and social media…

some former contemporaries have described the larger then life bloke as being guilty of overstating his role in the east end underworld and his connections but others discount that criticism…. Either way…. He’s gone…

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Watched few videos of him over the years.

What can I say ....Davey boy Never struck me as a man who would enjoy many peaceful years of retirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

There was more than a few people claimed he was an informant for the police, makes no difference really he was scumbag that tried to portray himself as a celebrity. Good riddance.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

He was a character to say the least. Full of confidence,funny, engaging and he knew how to hold a room. A showman who liked to portray himself as a gangster and surrounded himself with all types of hardmen, nightclub doormen, football hooligans, actors. Who knows how much of a gangster he really was. Came across as more of a jester and joker the few times i saw him anyway. Still though surprised to hear he took his own life. You just never know really what goes on in someone's head.

He’s dead and gone now - legend in a way.

Would’ve loved to go on the razzle dazzle around the boozers in east London with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

True, he seemed uber confident….certainly a character…

whether he was a gangster, wasn’t a gangster, maybe just an ‘associate’… who is to know only the insiders of that world.

I did see an interview with Reggie on his deathbed a long time ago and he was name checked by him positively….. it should still be there…. Moved in those circles certainly…whatever his ranking / pecking order position was…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Heard him joking one time that he likes a knuckleduster but his most dangerous weapon is his phonebook. I'd say the whos who of organised and disorganised crime was in that book. I'd imagine there will be a big turnout for that funeral. He seemed to well liked up and down the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,829 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

I know f all about him other than his personality I saw in about 3 YouTube videos.

Great entertainer, great stories.

Would’ve loved to have gone on a major diamond white ritzer with him “dawhn the nag’s ‘ead”

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭mr c

Liam Galvin interviews Brendan McGirr

Advertisement