Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VESA Mount: Corefix alternatives for bigger gap (65mm) between plasterboard and concrete

Options
  • 22-10-2023 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

I bought some corefix screws to hold up a dual monitor vesa stand. Unfortunately when I drilled a pilot hole it seems to be 65mm from the front od drywall through to the concrete. The corefix only cover a 45mm distance to the concrete.

There's no stud in a useful position. I'm wondering if there's any simple way to mount this without having to cut into the drywall and installing a beam bewteen two studs. I could fix some wood outside the drywall which probably wouldn't be noticed with monitors in front of it, but it wouldn't be very slick!

I'm fairly novice to DIY so if I was cutting into the plasterboard I'd probably get somebody else to do the job, so just checking if anything I could manage!

Thanks,

Comments

Advertisement