Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

09 Fiesta for 2850, good value?

Options
  • 21-10-2023 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I’m clueless and am here trying to buy my first car

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Looks alright. Fresh test. At that money, I’d probably take a punt. Just get an insurance quote first.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,185 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Seller is talking shite in the description about it being a sportback. It's a Fiesta like any other Fiesta. One thing to note is that when you google the seller's phone number it throughs up an old advert for driving lessons:

https://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/city-centre/services/motor-services/other-motor-services/driving-lessons-54339.html

So I'd be making sure the clutch and gearbox are sound if it were used as a driving instructor's car.

Also since it's your first car, do you actually need a diesel car? A diesel car of that vintage will be more complicated and prone to repairs than a similar petrol engine version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭User1998

Good detective skills but that Gumtree add was only posted a few months ago and he states ‘have had a full license for 2 years, have helped 2 people pass their driving test’ 🤣🤣

Post edited by User1998 on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,978 ✭✭✭Tow

At almost 15 years old, you may not be able to get insurance on it.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement