Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Renault fluence

Options
  • 20-10-2023 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

2015ish diesel and 80k miles for 8.5k or thereabouts sounds like a good deal.

What was the reliability like in these does anyone know

The older Laguna while were comfy and spacious the electrical side of things were horrible and unreliable, don't see too many Renault or anything french on the road from pre 2010 come to that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭mk7r

Good reliability but that is super expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭aidanki

No haggling or gone to see it done yet

They are a reliable bus ?

Renault improved?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭ofcork

Still a few elecrical gremlins id say when ive seen a few flashing brake lights as indicators.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭con747

Probably a bad battery issue, I have had a few Meganes and no electrical issues and the 1.5 diesel engine is bullet proof. I'v put 300k on one with no issues. The Fluence should be as good, same engine afaik.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I had this problem with my own Fluence (2010), left rear indicator. It's caused by a faulty connection or bad earth to the bulb holder. Easily repaired.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Good on diesel , nice and nippy responsive car. would get 5.8 l per 100 or 5.5 l per 100 km to 5.2 on the motorway.

Was great when it was under warranty for the five years.

A problem with the doors in that they start to become noisy after a while. There is some problem with them. youll find it if you open and close them. some problem with the hinges.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JCN12

Stay away from French cars would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,050 ✭✭✭con747

Care to elaborate on that? 20 years ago I would agree with you but a lot has changed since then. I have had Renault's since 2009 with no issues and put a lot of miles on them, a lot of miles.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭db

Seems a bit pricey. We got a 2016 Fluence with full main dealer history, 150k km, for 7.5k

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

I put up half a million km on my Fluence taxi.

Honestly,it was fairly reliable.(big items ..recon gearbox,clutch,vent blower motor(twice,dashboard out job))

I had the brake/indicator light shorting problem but I fixed it with tinfoil!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭aidanki

your getting a good test of any model with 500k kms

whats a good family saloon diesel from the 2013-2016 bracket, is it something from the VAG stable is still the most reliable, budget 10k or thereabouts

Advertisement