Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota avensis 161 pcs sensor

Options
  • 20-10-2023 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

I recently bought an avensis, lovely car to drive and all but at night its constantly telling me to clean the windscreen and that pcs is temp unavailable. Its quite annoying, i have brought it back to the garage..no codes.

How do i either stop this from happening or disable the sensor?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Sounds like the windscreen was replaced at some point and not done right. There is a collision sensor usually behind the rear view mirror, mounted on the glass and if this is not refit and calibrated correctly during a windscreen replacement job, it can throw up issues. Either that or the sensor needs to be completely replaced. Not sure if it can be disabled as it is part and parcel of the safety systems in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Ok thanks

Advertisement