Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faraway Downs - Hulu - Hugh Jackman and Nicloe Kidman

Options
  • 19-10-2023 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,311 ✭✭✭✭

From Baz Luhrmann comes the 6 part mini series expanded from his 2008 feature film Australia.

All episodes drop November 26th on Hulu

Faraway Downs is the reimagining of the film Australia told in 6 parts centering on an English aristocrat (Nicole Kidman) and a rough-hewn cattle drover (Hugh Jackman) who join forces to protect the million-acre cattle ranch of her late husband.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Is this made from related scenes, unused footage, etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,977 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

When I looked at the cast list on IMDB, and saw Ray Barrett mentioned, I thought WTF, this is 2023 and he died in 2009. 😜

I watched the first episode and was surprised with Nicole Kidman being able to move her face, and how young she looked, considering that the series is marked as 2023. 🤣

I never saw Australia, but I think I'll have to watch it to find out what the differences are. 🤔

It must be some kind of mish-mash of the original.

Edit: The original film is down as 2 hours 45 minutes, and if the total time for the six episodes is added up, the total is 3 hours and 43 minutes. Of course, that would include the credits and intros for each of the 6 episodes, which still leaves a fair amount added to the original.

Post edited by ejmaztec on

Advertisement