Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] [Social & Fun] CGI_Livia_Soprano disputing a warning in CA

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

This was a completely innocuous post that was in the spirit of the thread and it was in no way a troll post.

The context of that post was that after I posted this post some users came in and attacked me, called me names and swore at me etc.

My response was fair, and it wasn’t trolling. I presented a grown up argument in a mature way for debate and what I got was abuse in return. I think those abusive posts have been deleted but they were the usual you’re a this, you’re a that. Effing and jeffing.

Asking posters to grow up when you’re being abused is not trolling or baiting, nor is it trolling or baiting to express dismay when people are calling you names.

This warning is a total stitch up and an overreaction. It should be removed.

Edit: hyperlink didn’t work, this is the post I meant:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121248382/#Comment_121248382

• Administrators Posts: 53,386 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Tagging @ancapailldorcha as Soc & Fun Cmod.

Hello is this going to be looked at? It’s been four days and my account is still heavily restricted because of this warning.

Allow me to make it clear that I was not trolling whatsoever in my post, and I think any non-biased reader would only come to the conclusion that it was not a wind-up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,284 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'm recusing myself from this.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

@Pawwed Rig if you could have a look instead then.

Edit: he's no longer a cmod for social and fun.

The mod issuing the warning/ban being disputed shouldn't be the one reviewing it, so that means it requires the admins instead.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 13,772 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I will look at both of these, but it will be later this evening.

Bear with me and I'll get back to you.

@CGI_Livia_Soprano sorry I haven't gotten to this yet. Can you post whatever PM exchanges you've had with the moderator. I will look at this tomorrow.

The moderator didn’t reply to that.

Resolved after discussion with moderator

Hello just to let you know that the moderator replied today, over a week later, saying that they would be lifting the warning.

Obviously it goes without saying that I think that it was out of order for that moderator not to reply to my message in the first place. The same goes for the moderator involved in the other thread.

I also note that the moderator in this discussion did not offer any kind of admission of stitching me up in the first place, they chose to double down on hectoring me rather than offer any kind of apology.

Both warnings will apparently be lifted, I hope that curious incidents where I get phony warnings to stifle my ability to use the site don’t continue. I’m not a troll, please stop treating me like one.

Thanks for your help.

Liv.

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

• Advertisement

I had contacted the moderator today. He had missed your PM last week. A reasonable thing to happen and while not ideal, does happen occasionally.

I have cut the PM from the moderator out of this thread as it is unnecessary to post it. It does not form any part of your appeal as the issue is resolved.

If you have not heard from a moderator after contacting them a follow up PM is usually enough to get a reply.

Both warnings have been lifted, so both threads can be marked resolved and locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement