Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Resolved] CGI_Livia_Soprano disputing warnings in AH.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

I was given a warning from the moderator Raichu for the previous post in the After Hours forum.

In the discussion leading up to that post a poster had estimated that “millions” of Irish fans had been to France for the rugby  World Cup, to which I asked if they really meant “millions” of Irish fans had gone to the RWC. Raichu gave me a 1 point warning within seconds of me posting.

I PM’d the moderator but he refused to engage so I PM’d the admin Big Bag of Chips who pointed me to this forum.

The idea that I was given a warning for this post is absolutely ridiculous. How is what can be simply described as an unbelieving question be actioned for “pedantry?”

The After Hours charter claims that it is a “light-hearted” forum and yet the administrator chided me for making a “smart arse comment.” How can a forum describe itself as “light-hearted” and yet “smart arse comments” are treated as actionable offensives? These are not rhetorical questions.

Not only was there no trolling, or personal abuse, in the post but my so called “pedantry” turned out to be justified because the poster later clarified that they meant exactly what I had inferred: that they believe millions of Ireland fans had travelled to the rugby World Cup.

Edit: Incidentally I would like to add before someone comes in with a “smart arse comment” of their own that a million or more people does count as “millions of people.”

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/121242955/#Comment_121242955

This warning is a joke, there is no justifiable reason for giving it to me. It should be lifted immediately.

Hello is this going to be looked at? It’s been four days and my account is still being restricted because of this incorrect warning.

I would also like it add that the user Raichu referred to my post as “low level” pedantry and urged “can you don’t.”

In addition to my previous non-rhetorical questions I would like to know how I can be actioned for being a smart arse while the moderator makes smart arse comments himself with the “can you don’t” comment in the warning.

How can anyone justify a warning for my post? It is ridiculous.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,079 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

@Ten of Swords If you could look at this one then. Ancappalldorcha has recused himself from these.

Hello Spear,

I just want to point out a risk of bias/conflict of interest from the moderator you have asked, seeing as I am also concurrently appealing a warning made by that same moderator in a different thread.

In my opinion it is impossible for that moderator to judge on this appeal without bias for the aforementioned reason.

Thanks,

Liv

• Administrators Posts: 13,772 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

I will look at both of these, but it will be later this evening.

Bear with me and I'll get back to you.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 13,772 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Hiya @CGI_Livia_Soprano, I've looked at this and agree with you that while it might have been a smart comment to a poster, the forum is after hours, where light-hearted threads and replies are more appropriate.

I will overturn this warning. I will review your other appeal later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement