Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lower Decks 4x08- Caves ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** }

Options
  • 19-10-2023 5:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

Lower Decks 4x08- Caves ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** } Warning: This thread will contain spoilers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I must say they squeezed a lot into this one. Interesting the new Aliens. I forget what they are called now the Vandorians or something like that.

Busy morning. I watched this first thing at 8am then got up but would have watched it at 7am except it was not out yet :(

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭corkie

Bit of a bottle episode, nothing revealed about mystery ship this episode.

Not that new have been seen in TAS before.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Fine, fun bit of a bottle episode with some decent callbacks to other bottle Trek episodes. Presumably it will have to kick up a gear next week to solve that mystery ship, though maybe it would have been preferable of there had been a small bit more information teased throughout the season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

A throwaway bottle episode in the larger scheme of things, but still pleasant. That said, it does still keep to the season theme of them all ranking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,377 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I kinda assume at this stage that any alien I don't recognise is a TAS alien.

Overall the episode was nice and cheerful rather than laugh out loud. Was fun seeing conspiracy theory guy again. They really got him spot on with the loony talk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I liked how they called out how all caves look the same then proceeded to use the same cave design with a few changes for each flashback.

Lads not everything has to be serialised. That's one of the, many, flaws with Disc.

DS9 got the balance right. The "bottle" episodes were critical for character development.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Fine episode. Some fairly funny bits. TOS aliens were class, ending was funny lol

Nice singular episode.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Fine episode, with one minor flaw. (A down as Trek Culture would call it) Tendi's turbo lift story was in season 1 from our perspective, as each member laughed and said yeah, that was crazy times. Rutherford shouldn't remember it I thought? Didn't he lose his memory later?

• While a Vendorian appeared in "Envoys", this is the first full episode where the race made a prominent appearance in the franchise since their first appearance in TAS: "The Survivor".
    • Tendi's story takes place immediately after the events of "Second Contact". The lighting on the Cerritos for this segment is changed to match how the lighting was for the first season of the series.
    • This episode makes numerous references to missions involving caves being frequent to the point of being mundane for the characters. This is likely an in-joke to the real-world use of the same cave set being frequently repurposed to represent caves on different planets in various live-action entries throughout the franchise.

Second contact was first season premier.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭Evade

Decent episode. Does this mean Wolf 359 was an inside job? Or did we look at the broken clock at the right time? I appreciate them reusing the same cave backgrounds and recoulered the same planet for the establishing shot in each segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

This is an episode that stayed with me after watching. I think it's the nostalgia feel of them remembering backwards. Also the look of the planets. Something very TNG nostalgia got me there I think.

@Slydice remembering backwards

Could you remember forwards and predict the lottery numbers for us? 🤣

Advertisement