Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Survivor UK

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Happyhouse22

Hopefully it’s good, any idea how many episodes etc? Hope they take inspiration from Australian Survivor

• Registered Users Posts: 85,521 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

In this fresh reboot, comedian Joel Dommett hosts the reality show in which 18 people are marooned in the Dominican Republic and divided into two tribes to compete in mental and physical challenges. The two tribes are pitted against each other in their first reward challenge, a brutally exhausting clash to retrieve basic supplies. Divisions begin to form and players are put to the test as the losing tribe struggles to deal with the harsh environment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

2 episodes a week (Saturday & Sunday) for 8 weeks.

Apparently there's a bit of a crossover with AU production so I'm expecting a hybrid of US and AU Survivor combined with classic UK reality TV where the focus is more on character than competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Looking forward to it the format is badly in need of a shakeup. Ive lost the will to watch US Survivor anymore after 20 years, couldnt name a winner or any major twists in the last few seasons, just bland bland bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Homesick Alien

First two episodes were promising i thought.

The good: There wasn't the immediate hyper strategising from the off that you get with the US seasons now. Also there were no hidden immunity idols so there wasn't that mad dash. Everyone just had to pull together.

The bad: The host is already doing my head in. He delivers all of the classic lines with this kind of ironic tone and is constantly smiling. And the bad puns in EP 2 we're out of control. Also the Irish lad is a tool which is unfortunate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Happyhouse22

Thought it was alright.. maybe the pace was a bit slow but there is some potential there. Looks like there will be idols next week which should add some intrigue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Happy that it's not an absolute sh!t show to avoid at all costs It's pretty much what I was expecting, a mash-up of Survivor US/AU and classic UK reality TV.

Hoping some of the minor gripes I have get toned down a bit and they're only there to hand hold those new to the format.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Ugh the host is sooooooooo annoying and so far I find it fairly bland.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,891 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Whats the opinion on this in the end anyway? I assume not great because it seems to have completely dropped off the radar, like C4 disowned it while it was still running...

Advertisement