Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Regarding Dating and Meeting New People

Options
  • 18-10-2023 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hey. 😊

I've been struggling to find and meet up with new people. I've been wanting to for a long time but never had the courage to do so. I am looking for companionship and perhaps my first sexual experience. I'm 30 years old and gay. I've tried dating apps on and off for several occasions over the past few years when I began to explore and accept my sexuality, and it did not work out for me.

I am a chub, and have attraction to other chubby men, but I don't necessarily relate to the Bear community. It is especially difficult for me to navigate the dating scene due to mental health difficulties and being Autistic with suspected ADHD. I struggle to initiate and sustain conversation, and relate to others. I've had some mutual photo exchanges with some of those who I chatted with on the apps and had "fun", but it never progressed beyond that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Are you based in Dublin?

Could you drop into the Outhouse cafe men's group?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭alanzo27

I am based in Kildare. I have heard of Outhouse. How frequently do the group meet up?

Advertisement