Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edwards Interview for Engineering Role.

Options
  • 18-10-2023 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

Hi I have an interview with Edwards lifesciences on Wednesday. 3 interviews with 3 different people. I know one is the engineering manager, not sure who the others are.

Anyone been through the interview process with Edwards?

Ok so 3 different interviews

One engineering manager, who are the other two.

What type of questions will be asked?

What do Edwards look for in a candidate?

Any other tip ls would be greatly appreciated.

Post edited by Hedgecutter on

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

If you've any specific questions that will help people answer better.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I doubt you're going to get the exact questions asked from anyone on here. What questions you're going to be asked in an interview is like asking how long is a piece of string. From what you've put up I'd guess there'll be someone from HR, the Eng Manager, and probably someone Senior who you'd be working with. This is a good mix.

If they're interviewing you they're interested and have short listed you for the job, it's not in their interest to take the time to interview anyone they think isn't what they're looking for. Usually it's a good idea to look at the job spec and your CV and work from there. So if the job spec says you need skills X, Y, and Z think about how you meet those skills requirements. So if there's a match between skills they're looking for and what's on your CV do a quick run through of it. For example if they're looking for CAD experience think about how your experience meets this. What package have you used in college or industry, do you have much experience with CAD, what are the basics of modelling a part or creating a drawing. If they mention something like statistics think about how you calculate the mean, the mode, the standard deviation. I'm just thinking out loud here about you'd approach the interview in general.

There's some generic engineering questions on the link below

40 Engineering Interview Questions (Plus Sample Answers) | Indeed.com

If you're a recent graduate think about project work you've done in college. I got stuck in one of my first interviews out of college and it was the senior engineer who effectively guided me through the question from the person in HR by getting me to talk about my final year project.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

Ya I understand I might not get specific answers but worth throwing it our there.

3 x 45 minutes interviews seems heavy.

I already met the engineering manager. 20 minute chat on Teams.

The only question that caught my was "how would you deal with someone not doing they're job on a project". Did my best to answer it.

How would you answer that question?

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Anaki r2d2

That depends on your level, you either need to manage the under performer, to essetially get them to do what the role entails. Give them chances and opportunity to improve. If not, manage their exit within a HR framework.

Meanwhile finding alternative solutions to get the work done. Management is easy with good people. It sucks with the opposite

Or if your an engineer, you need to escalate to an appropriate manager and express the concern with some evidence.

You should not try to gap fill an under performer. You will end up doing them and yourself an injustice.

In todays market, the hiring managers want you to succeed and say the right thing.

Read facial expressions. Listen to the question. Don't waffle. If you are unsure of the question, ask for clarification. Did I say don't waffle on?

If you don't know, so so. But you are keen to learn.

That is a lot but it also means they're interested in you. I'd imagine that the interview with the person from HR will be all non technical questions but I'm not sure why there's a need for 2 other interviews. It's an American company so is probably just the standard they inherited from there.

As for that question it's a tough one. I probably would have said something along the lines of I just made sure my work was done to a high standard and on time and left it at that. I'm not in a leadership position if that matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭Hedgecutter

So I'm meeting senior manufacturing engineer and senior quality engineer as well as the engineering manager, no HR which I thought was strange.

Advertisement