Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Finding out if a car was registered in NI pre brexit.

Options
  • 18-10-2023 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

So this is just about the ONLY feasible way to import a car without being extorted through the gills these days.

I know that if I can prove that a car was registered in NI pre 31/12/20 that it is NOT liable to customs and VAT.

Turns out that is actually quite difficult to source this info as Car dealers cannot transfer previous owners info and going through a V888 in DVLA can take 6 weeks!!!?

Is there any other way I can source this?

I know there a re a plethora of car history check services but cant see any that specify country registration dates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Most dealers in NI will tell you if it has been imported from GB or was registered in NI.

Usedcarsni.com have a handy vrt calculation if need to add duty and vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭11wingnut

check mot history, uk has much more detail very little on ni

Advertisement