Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Married at First Sight UK

Options
  • 17-10-2023 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watching this ?

There has been plenty of drama (some of it created for your entertainment) and some people instantly forgettable. But there seems to be no end to the amount of couples they keep adding to the 'experiment'.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭pooch90

They're panic adding after having to remove the toxic pair and the other two leaving, I reckon!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Well the gay lad will definitely add plenty of drama. First impressions, he seems like a right nut job

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

There's barely a likeable person in the cast this year. They've leaned way too far into the Australian format of creating drama for drama's sake. The original format where the couples actually got married and weren't cast based on their Instagram/previous reality show experience was far more interesting television. The best thing about the show nowadays is following the Twitter hashtag as it airs.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,284 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I agree but the ratings are sky high so it is working I guess.

Was good to see Ella and JJ getting some comeuppance, two horrible individuals.

That Tasha one is also a bit of a weapon, Erica not much better.

The only ones I am rooting for are Thomas and Roz, they are about the only normal pair in it.

Looks like Thomas and Roz didn't make it :( he is so lovely there will be a queue of girls after him I'd say.

The other couples I am really not bothered about don't see any of them lasting.

• Advertisement

Thought I read a thing that they were the only couple still together but after last nights episode, maybe it wasn't real. That's probably why shes still single. As soon as it looks like everything is going perfectly, she self-sabotages the relationship.

Tasha is an absolute wagon. Peggy and Laura arent much better. Felt sorry for Arthur getting lit up by the friends. He seems like a decent enough sort of a chap

Arthur is sound, his girlfriends mates are complete and utter wagons.

Peggy is delusional, Georges after a dodgy start (mommy milkers...) Has actually come across really well.

The Adrienne one is probably the soundest girl left

Well that Ros/Thomas bit wasnt an easy watch. They were probably the only couple left in there who weren't doing it for the social media shite

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Facthunt

Arthur has gone into this dinner party and chosen violence. He knows it's over with him and Laura and he's just having some craic with it now

Commitment ceremonies this week.

Arthur and Laura are gone. Arthur wanted to stay in the marriage but Laura opened the parachute and left the plane. Lucky escape for Arthur I feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Definitely, after a poor initial start Laura had become somewhat more likeable during the run of the series until she came back into contact with the toxic friends around the homestays week. I got the feeling that it's the people she surrounds herself with and their desperate chasing of the rich Chelsea boy / Made in Chelsea role (despite none of them being from Chelsea themselves i.e. Luke's gold-digger comment wasn't entirely wrong) that has her single and so miserable. Sadly for her, she missed the opportunity to escape that life with Arthur and her cruel treatment of him throughout the series is unlikely to appeal to public she thought she was doing a mic-drop performance for. The #MAFSUK twitter feed is vitriolic in it's reaction to her. Hopefully her day job gave her a career break as I can't see her making a career out of her 15 minutes of fame.

I'd lay 10-1 on Jordan and Erica being split up by the time the reunion shows come on. He seemed quite genuine in his infatuation with her but she came across as saying yes just to avoid looking like the cruel girl kicking a puppy...

Georges and Peggy I've found odd all along, he genuinely seems to be into her but it's impossible to see what he's seeing in her as she's come across as utterly vacuous, prudish and incapable of independent thought. I reckon she'll say no in tonight's episode or if she says yes, they'll split within weeks off-camera.

Advertisement