Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

thinking of BMW 3 series.

Options
  • 17-10-2023 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭

I'm half considering this car, or similar.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/bmw-3-series-estate-150bhp-se-automatic/34535466

I'm considering changing my car, I'm currently driving a 2013 V60 D4 engine, for the last 6 years. Its coming on 300km and I know the timing belt will need to be done again, its due an NCT in January, its on the original clutch etc so probably lots of costly things coming up.

I like estates and am starting a new job in the coming weeks, which is 40k each way plus some driving for the job too, probably a few hundred k a month for work.

Honestjohn and parkers give these good reviews. What are any ones thoughts on these? I'm just toying with the idea at the moment.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Wailin

That model 3 series is a very nice upgrade from the previous generation, in every way. Big upgrade in interior trim quality, it really is a nice place to sit.

That must be the 318d rather than more popular 320d, being 150bhp instead of 190bhp. That one is the SE, so a bit less desirable than the M sport trim. But some people prefer the less sporty look. You'd be looking at a jump of about 6-8k for a 320d M sport.

Great car and a nice upgrade from the V60.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭User1998

Not a great example. Under powered, low spec, and tacky fake wheels with Chinese tyres. Still a nice car, but there are better ones out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

A bit dull inside. Grey and more grey

• Registered Users Posts: 7,883 ✭✭✭patrickc

thanks, I don't mind the 318 150BHP, I'm not that bothered on power these days, I'd prefer the fuel economy!

I like the look of the M sport but I don't know if its worth the extra cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,320 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Looks very well considering its an se.

I thought all the new model 3 series got the digital dash but obviously not..... I've only ever looked at the 330e previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭Wailin

Better ones out there if you want to spend an extra 6 or 7k. 150bhp is not underpowered either for an average Joe soap who's not interested in wheel spins once the light goes green.

Advertisement