Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JOB SEARCH PAY RATE QUESTION

Options
  • 17-10-2023 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

ok bear with me, very long time since i been job hunting, infact 21 years so kinda green.

been looking at part time driver work as i am retiring soon, and i have noticed on the job adverts, rates of pay being advertised as say eg 12 - 14 euros per hour.. im kind of confused, is it 12 or is it 14, and how do they decide? if anyone can shed a little light on it i would appreciate it thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭Breezy_

It's €12 and probably 1E for commission or something and 1E for KPI or something like this.

So it's €14. But expect to have lots and lots of fights as they wrongly deduct you back to as close as they can get to €12 and hope you say nothing.

I believe theirs a tax advantage for them to do it that way aswell.

Either way you are walking into trouble. Guaranteed.

Employment rights in Ireland are very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭celica1994

just weird they give a range, rather then saying " heres what yer being paid" lol

• Registered Users Posts: 25,752 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's between 12 and 14.

12 for someone who's only just good enough for the job.

14 for someone who has lots of relevant experience and won't be a pain in the a$s to train+manage.

Somewhere in between for most people.

The rates that you will be getting is agreed when you're offered the job.

A very normal way to advertise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭blackbox

Usually when a range is advertised it would depend on the experience of the candidate.

Advertisement