Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Council job offer

Options
  • 17-10-2023 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

I have been offered a CO role in DCC. What I understand from the email I need to give a notice to my current employer before reference check and medical assessment. Is this normal practice?

Thanks,

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BusyBee1234

For most jobs usually notice is only given after reference checks and medical, but I have worked in the Private sector. I am not sure why DCC would be different.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Magda-Lena

That was my first thought but email clearly say I quote "Once you confirm that you have handle in your notice, I will contact your work references contact."

Provisional start date is 20th November and I have to give 4 weeks notice. Medical is Tuesday next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Trevorfromtheshoppingcentre

Is your one of references from your current role? Seems strange otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Magda-Lena

It's not specified if it's current employer. However it's only one relevant since 2019

Advertisement