Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can an EU national live in Ireland and work in NI

Options
  • 17-10-2023 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi there, 

I live in Louth County and I was wondering if it would be possible to get a job in Belfast and still live in ROI. 

Do you know anything about this?

I know I'd have to apply for a skilled visa. That's fine! My point is if this vida can allow me to work remotely in UK or hybrid while a still live in ROI?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,612 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Yes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Probably not, if you have not already obtained permanent resident status in Ireland. Your rights to reside in Ireland are limited to those set out in the EU directive.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

You will need to check that if you are working in ROI for a UK company that it does not cause a tax issue for your employer

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,722 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

And you would need to apply to work in thd UK thru points based immigration too:

https://borderpeople.info/a-z/frontier-workers-permit-scheme-uk.html

Advertisement