Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin - Orlando family holiday layover times.

Options
  • 16-10-2023 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Forgive me if this sounds stupid but first time transatlantic flyer.

Browsing family holidays in Orlando for early mid 2024 and booking direct with Airlines is working out a lot more expensive than booking a package with some of the Irish operators. What I'm noticing with the Operators though is some of the layover times are pretty hefty!

Is 5, 6 or 7 Hrs layover standard? and do we just suck it up and put in the 14, 15 hours traveling over and back through on flights?

If it is, then it is, we just roll with it but am I missing anything do I need to put in the time knitting together the best formula.

Many thanks in advance for any tips!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭ratracer

when we went with Sunway a couple of years ago, the flight was direct from Dublin to Orlando with Aer Lingus.

Stayed in Floridays Resort - would recommend, great space in the apartments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭JimmyChew

Yeah I'd be keen in a direct flight. Kids are hardy enough but a stressy layover, especially on the return leg would be challenging.

I'll do a bit of digging and plan in a bit of flexibility around dates see what I can do.

Would shuttle service to the parks be standard from Floridays ect? What's the lay of the land around a bit of retail for the wife? Not planning on driving if I can avoid it.

Tnks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭ratracer

There’s a tourist trolley type thing that goes to all the parks and malls. It can be a bit slow, but I was thankful for the rest while on it 😂😂

Advertisement