Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Condenser Dryer running hot

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Just checking in to see if anyone has any thoughts on this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Edit:

My long winded description below fails to address one thing - you refer to the machine detecting that the clothes are dry. That introduces perhaps another point of failure, such as some sort of smart electronics. So it's possible that you would check out the venting, then replace the thermostat only to find its still not working properly.

Sorry for messing up my post. Maybe some familiar with your particular machine will add more...

End of edit....

The assembly contains the heater element, which is obviously working.

It also contains the thermostat , and you're probably right about THAT being the failing component.

In my Candy there is a second thermostat which is the nuclear option. If the temperature control thermostat fails , eventually the dryer will get so hot that the second nuclear one fails as well, but this one (in my Candy) burns something out like a fuse and can't be reset, only replaced.

The trick will be identifying which is which when you go to replace it... I'm assuming that all dryers are similar to mine.

Buying the whole assembly will eliminate that confusion. Therefore, the extra expense can be justified. (handiness with a multimeter is useful here).

However....when my thermostat failed it failed "open circuit" therefore no heat at all. Before getting out the toolbox, have you investigated the exhaust path through your machine? In my machine the air goes out of the drum just inside the door, there's supposed to be a filter there to keep dust and fluff out, take a look down into the duct and try to vacuum out any fluff that might have built up in there.. Also, there's another filter behind the kick plate at the bottom. That gets really clogged up and when that happens, the machine will run a little hotter.

So, that's my experience of a similar problem. Bear in mind, I'm just a DIYer, and my experience is limited to my own Candy machine, therefore the usual caveats apply.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

Thanks for this.

I will do some investigation on what you have suggested

Advertisement