Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Recommendation

Options
  • 16-10-2023 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

I'm currently waiting to see if my Sony XE90 can be repaired after it shut off and has the 4 red lights error. It's 5 years old so it might be time for an upgrade anyway. In the mean time I'm researching possible TV replacements and wondering if I could get a recommendation.

Features I'm looking for are 48-55 inch, 120Hz refresh rate, VRR and ALLM for gaming and to have Dolby Vision. Also wanting to avoid edge lit and looking for direct lit. I'd like to get an OLED but I don't think my budget would allow for a higher end TV. Budget would likely be up to €1000. Any suggestions based on these parameters?

Post edited by Moiph on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Yeah Right

Don't think you'll get a decent, large OLED with 122hz for that money, TBH. Not one from the decent manufacturers at least.

This is last year's model, hence the price. Only 60hz, but has everything else, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Yeah I figured I wouldn't manage an OLED for my budget. Appreciate that recommendation though!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 at the gates

I got a tcl c745k last month. Qled 120hz, vrr, allm, dolby vision. Got it for €749 (bit less than the usual 779). Great tv but it has one issue on the ps5. The apply to unsupported games option under vrr in the ps5 settings menu causes a kind of inverse ghosting issue. Other than that vrr for supported games works great. Playing spider man 2 on it now, looks quality. Might be an option for you. I was in the same boat as you, was thinking about an oled but they're all 1000+. Didn't think the price difference was warranted.

https://www.powercity.ie/product/55C745K

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭tom23

Howdy Folks,

I bought this yesterday and waiting for it to be delivered.

After reading a couple of reviews (good and bad) I'm in two minds about it... anyone bought this particular model and have a view on it?

Cheers

Advertisement