Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you have to take the smoke right down into your lungs to get the nicotine hit?

Options
  • 16-10-2023 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭

Just reading quickly the other day about the 12 year old girl in hospital who ended up there because she was a heavy vaper .

never ever been a smoker or a vaper but as i understand it , it is the nicotine that is addictive - if so , do you have to inhale the cigarette or vape right down into your lungs or could you satisfy the nicotine craving just by inhaling the cigarette or vape into the mouth and then just blow it out again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Numbersman

yeah it is the nicotine alright that is addictive but when it’s mixed in with the other hundreds of chemicals in a cigarette it only further enhances the addictiveness.

As a smoker short answer is yes you do inhale right deep into the lungs in order to get the most (and when you are heavy addicted you’re only fooling yourself if you don’t inhale properly) if you inhale in the mouth and just exhale again you do get a small hit but it’s pretty obvious as the smoke would be thick when exhaling and again wouldn’t do anything if you’re well hooked and addicted.

Hope this answers your question man

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

You don’t inhale cigars though I learned when I was a teenager and made myself very sick by inhaling when I was stuck for smoke and could only find my dad’s cigars. My dad had sarcoidosis in his lungs and quit the smokes but allowed himself one cigar on a Sunday for a decade after he quit cigarettes, he reckoned it satisfied his nicotine craving. He did eventually quit cigars too. Cigars are much, much stronger than cigarettes though.

Advertisement