Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can anyone explain this please.

Options
  • 15-10-2023 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭

Can anyone please explain how this works in relation to q. I have the statement but cannot see how q equals that

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Dublinandy3

I personally have no idea but I asked chatgpt and it says this? So q = 0?

Equation: 23p^2 q^3 - 30p^2 q^3 = -7p^2 q^3 Solution: To solve for q, let's first simplify the equation by combining like terms:

23p^2 q^3 - 30p^2 q^3 = -7p^2 q^3 0 = 0

The equation simplifies to 0 = 0, which means it is an identity that holds true for all values of p and q. In other words, q can be any real number; there is no unique solution for q in this equation.

The little ^ is because it won't let me copy and paste the little numbers, it out those instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

Thanks for trying. I asked my lecturer and he pointed out I was doing it all wrong. I was taking the components away individually. I should have taken the whole thing as one term.

Advertisement