Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childrens Telescope

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Calculator123

I would suggest something more versatile like binoculars. A refractor Telescope like the one in your link look the part but in reality are large, fiddly to set up and likely to disappoint an 8 year old as it's hard to track anything other than the moon without knowing what you're doing. You can get just as much, or more fun from simple binoculars. Easy to transport and use for many other hobbies like birdwatching, looking at ships, planes etc.

I have a really nice Telescope and my kids were bored of it in ten minutes.

You can't go wrong with binoculars. In many ways a better choice for any amateur astronomy enthusiast and most likely what any serious astronomers started out with.

Edit: something like this might be a possibility. Inexpensive, decent magnification and aperture. If he loses interest, you can use them! Lots of different brands and prices. This is just an idea.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Binoculars-usogood-Stargazing-Traveling-Photography/dp/B07XKXDZ4F/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

Advertisement