Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to cancel a Ryanair flight?

Options
  • 14-10-2023 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

The reason for booking it no longer exists, and I went to cancel it (as opposed to changing it), but their FAQs seem to cover everything but. I thought logging in to My Ryanair (or whatever it's called) might help, but my email or password has somehow become incorrect (and it can't be the email), and I have enough on my plate without fiddling around with "forgotten" passwords.

Has anyone had the same thing and found any easy (and quick) way out of it? If not, I'll just have to be a no-show, though I'd rather someone else could use the seat (I was lucky to get the last but one in my fare type).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Fogmatic

A bit more detail would probably help!

The booking is for tomorrow mid afternoon, and is the type with I checked bag and reserved seat, and Xcover insurance (whose info says to go to Ryanair for cancellations or changes). And I haven't checked in (the flight became unneccessary before I got round to it).

I had to bag a seat pronto, when still waiting for confirmation about a family matter that was the reason. And knowing that if it didn't happen, and I couldn't get any money back, the loss would be manageable. But is there any penalty I could be hit with if I do nothing?

(So many mysteries about what must be a common occurrence!).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,714 ✭✭✭✭zell12

You cannot cancel the flight booking.

You just become a no-show, no fees. You can apply for refund of taxes & fees, which have cost of €20

Thanks zell!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Can't be done on Ryanair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭runningbuddy

no, cannot be done unfortunately

And more thanks!

Advertisement