Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No wonder car insurance is so expensive

Options
  • 14-10-2023 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

I had a minor knock in our Honda Jazz Hybrid & started a claim on the insurance. We use a broker here in West Cork, I rang them & they took all the details & I was surprised to be contacted by a company in Dublin who are handling it. They said I would hear from the insurance company within 48 hrs. it took three weeks but they did ring & took more details. I then got an email from them saying another company will be progressing my claim.

I thought it would just be the broker & insurance company involved, so now two more companies are in on it, & no doubt aren't doing it for love . I'm starting to see where my premium is being divided up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭kirving

Insurance companies are experts in managing largescale financial risk, and handle the sales side of things, and negotiating claims.

The leave the actual fixing of the cars to the collision repair experts.

You then might have another company who manage the repair, rental cars, picking you up from the side of the road out of hours.

After a bump recently, I had 1) Insurance company 2) Assessor / Investigator 3) Repair Management Company 4) Repair Centre 5) Rental car company.

To be honest everyone was lovely, very professional, and I had the car back within a week.

Advertisement