Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newmarket 2.40 Cesarewitch Handicap (Heritage Handicap) 2m2f

Options
  • 14-10-2023 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭

Jesus this place is dead where are all the oldies gone.

I will throw up a few bits and pieces I got from a few sites earlier hoping someone can get winner from them,

First the draw

also worth looking at the draw given there are 34 runners set to go to post... looking at the last 15 renewals tells us that...

14/15 were drawn in Q1, Q2 or Q3 (horses drawn in Q4 are 1/116, 5p)

If we push it back to the last 25 renewals run on the Rowley Mile track (the 1999 renewal was on the July Course) then that draw negative holds up, with only 2 of the last 25 winners breaking from Quarter 4 of the draw (overall stats of 2/194, 11p)...

according to the OPENNING SHOW on ITV this morning, they had biblical rain yesterday evening for three hours so you will want something that goes in soft/heavy going.

The dramatically softening ground doesn't make this any easier... but it is what it is, we can't change that...

JESSE EVANS is one I have been keen on for this although I would have preferred it not to soften up as much as it has as I have a very small query about his stamina limitations... at double figures I'll take a swing though...

TRITONIC is one I've had noted for a while... again I would have preferred it not to soften up quite as much as it has but he does have some decent form on Soft ground, including at Newmarket, and I'm happy to include him as well at lofty prices...

Of the others TEMPORIZE, TASHKHAN and GOSHEN will all handle testing conditions well and it's probably GOSHEN that I'm just about siding with... if you look at GOSHEN at G2 level & below on Soft or Heavy over 1m6f - 2m2f he is... 311011111 (7/9, 1p)... the 0 came at Cheltenham but I'm not sure he handles the track all that well and he's also much better going this way round (Right-Handed)...

if ya fancy GOSHEN read below

2:40 Newmarket

GOSHEN 20/1 generally - 0.75 POINTS E/W (6 places, 1/5 odds) (SENT THURSDAY EVENING TO MEMBERS AT THIS PRICE - NOW 12/1

The race which they call a minefield but in actual fact it is the type of race I love. Narrowing down a huge field in a big field handicap is what it is all about. My selection for this race is GOSHEN who I feel is very well handicapped on a mark of 88 if bringing his A game from hurdles to here. This is a race where many national hunt horses run in and you take the favourite, Pied Piper as an example who is rated 157 over hurdles, The Shunter (rated 138 over hurdles), Jesse Evans (rated 150 over hurdles), Not So Sleepy (rated 151 over hurdles). Compare that with GOSHEN who is rated 154 over hurdles and the fact he carries less than all of them in the weights here, tells us he could be well ahead of the handicapper.

Now I know this is a different game on the flat and no hurdles are involved but it is hardly as if Goshen is the greatest jumper of a hurdle and personally I think he is probably suited to the flat game. 

GOSHEN is also a right handed course horse so this race will be perfect. He also likes to be prominent so with 34 runners in the field, he will stay out of trouble. The rain has also come for him and the fact they went up to 3 miles with him over hurdles and he ran well enough, tells me this trip will be no problem.

I think Gary Moore would have targeted this race with him and at the price on a mark of 88, he has one hell of a chance. He carries just 8st 9lb on his back, is drawn in 1, so can get out of stalls fast, straight to the rail, up with the pace. I have been over this race in my head many times and every time it sets up perfectly for a big run from GOSHEN. E/W.

I actually fancy THE SHUNTER 11/1 BETFAIR.

Anyone actually interested in racing still on here p.m me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭del roy

get up the yard.....THE SHUNTER 14/1 😎 😎 😎

3.10 unexpected party 2/1

He has the benefit of being a second-season novice where he has had all that experience, including at the Cheltenham Festival as a novice chaser, and I think he can put that to good use here. I expect him to go very well. Trainer Dan Skelton

3.10 unexpected party 2/1 😎 😎 😎

York 3.35...HARTSWOOD (14/1) & AALTO (25/1) OBELIX (14/1) too

A trends record of the 10 past winners found from 61 past runners. Only 2 qualify today in HARTSWOOD (14/1) & AALTO (25/1) The 3 YO's historically have a very good record in this race however today none qualified, but in light of this I'll be including OBELIX (14/1) too. AALTO's historic trends were very good.

From another source.............😕 NO LUCK ON THIS RACE.

Post edited by del roy on

Naas 4.00 Volatile Analyst 9/1 ew

• Advertisement
Advertisement