Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a Duplex in Red Arches, Baldoyle

Options
  • 13-10-2023 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi guys, I'm buying a ground floor duplex in Red Arches, The Coast in Baldoyle. Anyone knows of any pyrite issue in the development? I believe the neighbour development - Myrtle estate had issues with pyrite, just wasn't sure if Red Arches is completely safe from that. The structural surveyor found some cracked tiles and I think because of the pyrite issues with Myrtle, had suggested pyrite testing.

Anyone living there knows of any pyrite issue please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Never heard of any pyrite, from the unit I've seen the build quality is solid. Nice enough around the area too, great location.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nierc

@DublinDilbert do you live there?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Do your own research, but I think red arches were built a few years before Myrtle. I don't remember them having any pyrite issues. I kinda remember at the time people commenting at the time that red arches buyers were lucky....but it's close to 20 years at this stage.

Baldoyle is a lovely area but it's a massive financial commitment so if you're uneasy I'd look at a different older estate.

The one thing is there are plenty of houses up and down the country with cracked tiles there are other reasons other than pyrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

A family member does and I done a good bit of work on the property

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nierc

@Princess Calla I've done a good bit of research on the internet myself, it seems everyone is saying Red Arches is safe, it's Myrtle that is affected. I really do like the area, it's just the report from the surveyor makes me a bit uneasy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,794 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Yeah I honestly don't think they had an issue, they were phase 1 of the build I think. However I'm not prepared to state it categorically, which is why I said research it. I wasn't being smart. 😊

The surveyor will also be covering themselves also. If they don't flag every fault they leave themselves open.

It is a lovely area, good transport, schools etc.

Advertisement