Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arris TV Box Run Lubuntu?

Options
  • 13-10-2023 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi, found one of these Arris/Vodafone TV set top boxes. Might be a stupid question, but can it run Lubuntu or PuppyLinux or something similar? Seems a shame to bin it, it's like new.

And if not, is there some other use for it? Otherwise, in the bin it goes. TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Coyler

Anything is possible but from my little research you are looking at an ARM CPU that is booting off an encrypted boot loader. Could be wrong but from my very limited understanding of ARM systems like these that it's just not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭danfrancisco83

Thanks, the only thing I could find was this https://zeus.ugent.be/blog/22-23/repurposing_ewaste/

I'm not into that level of tinkering, I was hoping I could just Rufus a Linux distro and load up by USB, ah well. I'll put it on Adverts and see if someone wants it, cheers.

Advertisement