Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clear plastic storage boxes

Options
  • 13-10-2023 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks. Does anyone have an any recommendations where I could pick up some clear plastic storage boxes? The prices of them in Woodies seems crazy.

Ideally I need a minimum of 80L per box

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Dunnes or Homestore is usually where I buy them.

Not sure how the prices compare with Woodies though.

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

They come to Aldi occasionally & were €10 each last time, (the 80 Litre size & same brand as Billy's Discount Shop) I paid €40 for 3 of them in Billy's Discount Shop & one on its own was €15 that time. I am waiting for them to come into Aldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Dunnes prices were pretty good the last time I bought some. Much cheaper than Ikea and lids were included in price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Generally homestore are the better value expecially when its 3 for 2 on the storage boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Often see decent quality ones in Mr Price at reasonable cost

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,112 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

B&Q does them for a reasonable price, but the lids are separate.

I saw Strata wheeled storage boxes, 110 litre, for approx €21 in Homebase at Nutgrove at the weekend. They also have another larger size, I believe it was 145L going for approx €25.

I know you said clear, but if its not a dealbreaker, these are great value!

Dimensions of the 110L are 77cm Length x 42cm Width x 50.5cm Height

I was tempted to buy them, but they are just a few cm too big for my storage space. :(

Post edited by Ezeoul on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

OP, its worth taking into consideration the durability of the boxes you buy.

Some are just rubbish when it comes to long term use because the plastic is easily damaged.

I can't recommend any cheap ones but I can recommend some that I use. I find the Really Useful Plastic Storage brand to be particularly good.

https://www.vikingdirect.ie/en/really-useful-boxes-storage-box-84-l-clear-plastic-38-x-44-x-71-cm-p-84ccb

Nearly €50 each for the size you want but I have a few of them and they are some of the best storage boxes I have ever used.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement