Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Experience with FDM Group?

Options
  • 13-10-2023 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,

I have just done the first step of their interview for their financial services graduate programme. After doing a bit of research, particularly on Glassdoor and board sites, the reviews have been quite negative. Although some of the feedback are quite outdated and based in offices abroad.

Does anybody have any experience with FDM's graduate programme or even any info about the company itself?

TIA.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

I have not encountered the FDM Group before, but given that it is an IT outsourcing company servicing the financial services sector, I would not be at all surprised that it has many negative reviews. That said, it probably is no worse than any of the other companies in that sector.

I spent over three decades working in the financial services sector and during that period the sector transitioned from a very profitable sector to a commodity industry. In the early days we measured profitability in percent, today we measure it in base points. When you consider joining one of the bottom feeders in an industry that is very competitive and cost driven of course you will not find many happy campers.

Would I advise any new graduate to enter the financial services sector today? Absolutely not, today the financial services sector is an unconsolidated commodity market and we are just entering a period of alignment and consolidation, so you can expect at a lot of job losses and closures in the coming years. We have already seen two banks leave the Irish market due to profitability issues and that is being replicated in may other parts of the EU market place.

Advertisement