Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Storehouse promo codes or discounts?

Options
  • 12-10-2023 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of checking this out with a few mates visiting Ireland, any promo codes or discounts available?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Only seeing this now. If you ask your local barman to get you some he should be able

to sort them FOC from the rep or the guy that calls to clean the pub lines. I've gotten

them FOC a few times this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I did a bit of research on this and apparently the Guinness "tour" is just watching a video before you go to the rooftop to have a beer?

No actual tour of the factory or casks (unless you pay for the premium tours)... I decided to pass

You can go to the Dublin mountains and have a can of Guinness looking out over the city instead 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭GavPJ

Oh god no!!! It is really really good. Well worth a visit!!! Definitely do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Not sure how you did research but its poor.

Whilst it's a not a tour of the manufacturing facilities it's multiple floors of interactive displays and history of Guinness and it's marketing etc. It's very successful, popular and rated highly.

Plenty of videos on You Tube to show you and the views from the Sky Bar whilst having a real pint are worth it.

• Advertisement

"Not a tour of the manufacturing facilities.... it's multiple floors of interactive displays" is not what I was expecting from a tour, it sounds like a museum.

I've been to the Sky Bar before for a birthday, it's ok, but you can get equivalent views at other venues as well like Sophie's.

I was expecting it to be more like the Bushmills Distillery tour where you literally walk around the factory and the bottles as they are getting filled, plus you get the smells of the huge casks etc.

Advertisement