Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AskaboutIreland's Griffith's Valuation is down

Options
  • 12-10-2023 1:01pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hopefully just some linking error but this is the current view of the home page.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Thoms is also gone as a result. Though the Natterjack Toad is thrilling, of course...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I emailed them and got a response saying they were working on it and then they asked how much I used it.

Gave them the details.

Still down now, which means I need to reschedule a class that I'm teaching about it on Monday night. I want to be able to show the free version.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I use Thoms for multiple intensive sessions of research a year.

I did a scripted download of the bits I wanted from a bunch of years ages back in case this happened, but not everything and of course it then did actually happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ath262

seems to be back in action, the toads are back where they belong

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ath262

may have spoken a little soon, the site works ok sometimes but can be very slow, can also throw server too busy errors, 500/3 message, or fail to load icons such as the 'original page', or 'map views', but clicking these still works.

When it's working I have been able to use the name search, place name search, images of valuation books and the maps, also a quick check of the Thom's search works also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

It's down again; I have been getting 'an internal server error' for most of the day. :/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I wonder what's going on behind the scenes.

It's a really old website and has had little or no changes to it in many years.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement