Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40E

Options
  • 12-10-2023 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Can someone explain why the 05.37 from tyrrelstown to Broombridge takes so long? often it arrives at my stop 06.00 to 06.05, in theory it should take 15 to 20 minutes to get to my stop, but it's never on time, when it does arrive 1 just about make the 06.19 luas. I did complain to DB their response is traffic!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭TranslatorPS

A good bet is that it doesn't even start on time from Tyrrelstown – today's 5.37 seemengly left 10 minutes late. It would all depend on how much time it's given to get from Harristown garage I guess (I have a 5.15 garage departure in my archives), and how reliably on time it leaves said garage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

If and when this bus comes is a matter for the ouiji board tbh. I don't get the routing either, why doesn't it go through broombridge and then continue to the park gates and connect with the Navan road bus services

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭Daith

I think there's going to be a new bus route at Broombridge that will go down to Parkgate St or similar.

And the 40e is/was/maybe will be replaced and that route will skip Cabra and go through the Ballybogan road and over the bridge.

My main issue with it is when schools are back because the bus is full when the kids get on. They seem to have a second bus at times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

The N2 and a new L route will cover it but the L route will be hourly and the way the service is, hourly may quickly turn into not at all

Yeah, it needs more frequency at peak commuting times

I'm also very irritated at how the 40e will depart Broombridge like a minute before some trains arrive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I think you’re possibly getting mixed up.

The 40E will be replaced by the L62 which will be every 30 mins off-peak and every 15 mins at peak.

15 mins at peak would be great. I'm sure the bus drivers dislike having the bus nearly full from 7am to 8am at school term.

Hopefully the improvements to the Ratoath road might help it too. But both are a long way a while yet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,549 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

It won't happen until the B-Spine phase unfortunately, which is the last but one.

Advertisement