Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lower Decks 4x07- A Few Badgeys More ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** }

Options
  • 12-10-2023 6:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

Lower Decks 4x07- A Few Badgeys More ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** } Warning: This thread will contain spoilers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It's a kind of an odd episode in some ways. Fan speculation meant the two plot threads had already been predicted, but it still manages a twist in that the various AI's still achieve their own redemption. It's also notable that just about every element of the episode is now reliant on LDs own stories and characters, and not on callbacks/references to other series, showing how much it's established it's own lore instead.

At least the series arc did advance a tiny bit, even if was already speculated that it wasn't really killing them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Lol Goodgey lol.

I do think they maybe tried to so too much in this episode. There was some funny parts but overall not the funniest episode still not a bad episode just not the funniest.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭corkie

At least it ruled out the three AI's been the mystery villain.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The Badgey plot had a few holes in it, Mariner grabbing Rutherford as he's Nemesis ing out of the Cerritos felt a bit like a shoehorn. When Badgey brought out Logically, it made me realise "wait where's T'Lynn?" She's like the new Ro Lauren of the Cerritos. The Ascending solution seemed a bit convenient.

The Agamon, Peanut Hamper plot was better though although narcissists cannot redeem themselves like Peanut Hamper appears to have done so expect her again at a later date.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Ah that was fun. Kinda felt perked up by the news about Prodigy season two getting onto Netflix.

Great to hear Jeffrey Combs again. This whole black mountain / koala thing.. I wonder maybe it's linked to the stealing ships thing. I dunno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I've only watched each episode once so far this season. I thought the previous two or three episodes weren't massively funny. I said nothing as everyone else here seemed to enjoy them, so I thought that on a re-watch I might change my mind.

This one though ... I really enjoyed it ... perhaps it was Jeffrey Combs maniacal energy as Agimus that did it for me.

Yeah. This was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,894 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Well looks like I called it correctly, the ships aren't being destroyed. I imagine the Lower Decker characters we were introduced to in the opening snippets will play a pivotal role in saving the day in the finale.

Overall a fun episode, even if gets a little tiresome waiting for the AIs/humans to double cross each other without much hints or bulidup.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,064 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm getting a little concerned about how the mystery ship reveal is going to play out. They've just repeated the same teaser constantly, and haven't built up or developed it, so the only way to give it any import or significance is to make it some major callback instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

My guess is it's future Mariner or Boimler and they are grabbing the ships because they are needed to stop some catastrophe.

The only possible call back I could think of it being is Will Boimler. I assume we are done with Pakleds at this stage.

One thing that came to mind is the self repairing station from Enterprise. I could see that snafflling up locals to integrate. I doubt they'd use it though, not really notable enough to return to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,215 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

I was convinced that they had tricked Agimus with a Holodeck trick into giving away information.

Nice plot developed with the mysterious ship.

Did feel like they tried to cram too much in there, but always nice to see Badgey and Space Koala.

Not a bad episode. Just had a lot going on.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

That thing was creepy as ****. Would be cool to see some follow up to it. Enterprise hadn't strayed too far from Earth at that point afaik so I'm sure Starfleet encountered it since as Starfleet/The Federation expanded. Maybe one for an SNW episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭corkie

Dialogue suggests that the station was at least 130 light years from Earth.

The station's computer voice was supplied by Star Trek: Voyager actress and "Dead Stop" director Roxann Dawson. She was not credited for the role.

Is that the station and episode been discussed?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

That's the one. It'd make a decent Halloween one-off if they returned to it, but underpinning a season with it is asking too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,378 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I don't think it will be that mostly because Enterprise is too deep a dive to pin a season on.

Lower Decks is mostly the 80/90s golden period with TOS thrown in or referencing itself more recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

A decent episode but yeah it felt like there was too much going on. The writers were trying to juggle two stories either of which could have been an episode in itself. Still I enjoyed Jeffrey Combs again as Agimus. The climax of the Badgey story was disappointing in that it just resolves on its own. If the crew had done nothing it would have ended the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Ah yeah, but to be fair there was a fairly large run of boks about Kirk being resurrected after Generations!

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more about that station. One of my favourite episodes from Enterprise.

...if it's done well...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

One of the poorer episodes but still had its moments. I think I'm pissed that I expect them to throw in Colm Meaney whenever they mention Daystrom Institute. Isn't that where he went at end of DS9?

He ended up in Starfleet Academy

• Advertisement
Advertisement