Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's this? Line of simultaneous lights in sky

Options
  • 11-10-2023 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

I was piddling

with the dog in the garden west of swords and happened to see what looked like a line of lights in the sky. reasonably odd so took out teh phone and caught a pic. it took a longer exposure (samsung fold 3) so figured i would see better. For the sake of clarity - this exposure was perhaps 2secs and the lights were all visible simultaneously (its not a prolonged exposure with the same light appearing multiple times within the same frame). shortly after it seemed to disappear from view completely. Have never seen anything like it before. is this starlink or somesuch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Looks like Starlink alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭brianiac

pretty intrusive. any ideas if that is sunlight reflected back by the satellite? I can see why astronomers would be giving out if this is just the beginning....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

I saw a similar sight tonight over Galway (at 8:45pm 13/10/23) except they were well spaced apart and stationary, just like stars. Then a few seconds after I spotted them the first one started moving from W to SE followed by the second and so on until they all vanished. Very similar to this video:

i don't think they are starlink anything, I think it's the US delivering a shipment of drones.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,056 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Just came on to ask the same thing, pretty much exactly like the video though they seemed to be closer and therefore more widely spaced. I only saw 8 so presumably saw the tail end of the trail. At a particular point in the sky they vanished in turn. Very clear night, lots of stars, no cloud. Seen on Waterford coast, moving from west to more or less south east.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Starlink sats waiting to go on-station. Very common now, Space Karen is filling the skies with future debris

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭screamer

We are not Elone !!

Quite striking the first time you see them, but as you say, they will just become visual clutter when we are used to them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,704 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Once deployed they won't be running in lines like that. But they are filling up the possible orbits and have a defined lifespan with no proper plans to deorbit

Master of the Universe

They are 100% Starlink, that's not how anyone delivers drones long range.

Unless the US are delivering drones to Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

What are you on about? Whatever it was was at least 50000 feet up. Show me any spacex footage showing satellite deployment going from stationary to orbit velocity mid-air as has been viewed.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Ah, I just realised who I'm talking to.

You're right, they're American drones. What they actually do is break formation shortly and spread all over the world so people think they're the ISS. (Which you've proved to us multiple times now with your compelling proof that it doesn't exist)

They're actually really smart drones as they track the fake ISS website to really make it look like that's what they are.

They also double up to spread chemtrails during the day.

Have I managed to get everything in there? Or have they also got something to do with the JFK assassination and man not actually landing on the moon?

Why do they appear to vanish at the same spot in the sky, is it that they have reached the edge of the sun's reflection? They do appear to 'go out' very suddenly rather than fading away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭Glencarraig

It's Dolores Cahill on her broomstick having been forcibly vaccinated against Covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Duvet Day

These are passing over Cork city right now if anyone wants to have a look, clear sky so very obvious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭sniperman

dont panic..its just god putting up the crimbo lights,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Can anyone recommend a good website or android app to know when the starlink passes?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,993 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I actually used the to one on your list today and it stated psould occur this evening at 1729hrs. I watched under clear skies and saw nothing.

Advertisement