Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stand for Chromebook (to use for piano playing)

Options
  • 11-10-2023 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

I upgraded my piano tablet to a chromebook which is a about 1inch thick. it keeps falling out of my current tablet clamp as it's too thick. I can't find a clamp online to hold it, most seem to stop at .75 inch. Ideally I'll mount the tablet on the wall, so was looking at clamps with a VESA adapater also but couldn't find anything suitable, would like something that can be removed easily to use it as a chromebook.

Was just checking in case somebody had first hand experience to save me a bit of time in this tedious googling and reading of reviews and asking dimensional questions!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭niallb

Do you have a music stand on the piano?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

No it's a synth with no stand on it unfortunately. Using a tripod stand behind it at the moment!

My sister used a heavy one of those sometimes when she's out with us.

It's plenty heavy enough for a laptop. They have a slightly lighter version for about half this price.

She was out with us for most of lockdown and I did look into mounting something to the wall.

She traded her laptop for an ipad pro at that point and it fits well on the piano's music stand so we never finished it off.

What model is the Chromebook? Are you folding the keyboard back on it or standing it above it?

Do you have any old monitor you could mount more easily to the wall and attach the chromebook by HDMI?

Yeah the keyboard folding back is the biggest issue, space is a bit tight so that's why i'm trying to get a clamp version either on a tripod or wall mounted to avoid the slant required on an orchestral stand if possible. I could pick up a second hand monitor easy I suppose and connect that way.

What i might try is something like this:

but I'd have to put it behind a curtain an then move the curtain out of the way to play, it's porbably the neatest options at the moment, I can put the chromebook in portrait orientation, I'd just have to be sure I mounted at the correct height and that they could take the 2.52 weight of chromebook. The wall has plasterboard with blocks behind it, but not sure how much of a gap there is between the two.

That dockem stand looks great if the wall works for you. Choose what you mount it with to suit, but at least it's close to the wall.

I had to mount a heavy shelf on a wall with a big gap between the board and the block and someone recommended corefix fittings.Been up now over 20 months with loads of clothes hanging underneath it too and not a budge out of it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B071G61BQW?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

• Advertisement

Thanks! I've no idea what the gap is, only way to tell is drill a little hole i suppose! I also want to mount monitors on the wall in "office" section of the room and those corex fittings look like a good recommendation!

Not sure of my plan yet for the chromebook, was actually thinking (if i was able to do metal work) i'd get a sheet of steel cut and bend the sides and bottom so I could slide the chromebook in at the top ,and it would be held in place. I'd put holes in the back with VESA dimensions and then use a standard VESA TV Stand. I don't think it would be economical to go to a metal work place for this, maybe I'll find somebody who does it as a hobby and pay them a few quid.

The one directly on the wall isn't too expensive though and could try it out first as and see how I go!

This came up on hukd this morning and I couldn't resist this for about €100.

I've spent money on stupider stuff, should give me years of comfort at the piano.

It has vesa mount and will make this very simple. It does bring into question if I needed the Chromebook at all. Could have just used this and my laptop.... Oh well can never have too many gadgets.

Any stands I was looking at would have overlapped onto the screen and as it's touchscreen it would have been messy!

Advertisement