Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotmail android browser login

Options
  • 11-10-2023 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭

I have always used a browser login on my android phone to use my Hotmail email account. Today it won't let me login. Instead it redirects me to google play to download the Hotmail app.

Us there any way I can continue to use a browser login?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Try desktop mode in the browser

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Did the trick. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

I just tested it there, using desktop mode will work.

It'll redirect here though, https://outlook.live.com/mail/0/inbox

So if you click, click sign in, then click sign in on the pop up rather than download, it'll let you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Alternatively add the account to android email app (most likely gmail branded) to access it. Block images in the settings to help prevent tracker pixels being downloaded

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Yeah, that's what I was expecting but today it's going to

microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/outlook/email-and-calendar-software-microsoft-outlook?deeplink=%2fowa%2f&sdf=0

Clicking on the profile icon goes to a long coded login.live.com page where I can log in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement