Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social welfare activation meeting (but new job starts in a few months)

Options
  • 10-10-2023 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I have a social welfare activation meeting, with a back to work progression plan as I am currently receiving the Jobseeker’s Allowance. I have a new job/internship sorted but does not start until January 2024. Should I tell them in this meeting that I have something sorted but will not be for a few months as I still need the payment? I am afraid they will cancel it once they hear I have a job sorted but not for a couple of months.

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,714 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

No, don't tell them. Tell them you are still looking, that you have applied for it and other things but nothing is signed up yet.

Even better- look for a christmas season temporary job in a shop or similar. Do that until January and then start your apprenticeship. That way you can skip the meeting totally.

Advertisement