Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Advice for Jordan - Risks due to Israel War

Options
  • 10-10-2023 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi,

I have already a weeks holiday booked for Jordan for the end of the month, basically flying into Amman airport and doing 6 days of tourist spots such as Petra, Dead Sea, Wadi Rum and maybe one or two more.

In light of the recent troubles in Israel and Gaza - am I mad to still go, are the risks high for such a trip to Jordan?

What are peoples thoughts

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Id say don't go, 2 Isrealis shot dead in Egypt yesterday by a cop, Id say the extremists could target any Westerners now.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

DFA are advising a high level of caution for Jordan at the moment but that may change at short notice.

https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/jordan/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭growleaves

Don't go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I'm in the middle East at the moment, Oman, Saudi and UAE. No effect on the above mentioned in terms of transport or travel. Jordan is generally one of the 'safest' places here to visit. I would personally still go but while keeping an eye on official travel advice up until your day of departure.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭trafficlight

Thanks for the feedback everyone - il keep monitoring over the next couple of weeks and see how things are going. Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

A friend was in Jordan over the weekend. He said there was no impact on his trip at all. I appreciate things can change in a heartbeat but he was happily posted pics from Petra on Sunday

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Im in Saudi a lot, i dont expect my next trip there to be impacted (2 weeks)

Advertisement