Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart padlock for outdoor use.

Options
  • 09-10-2023 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping this is the right place to post this, if not then @mod please move.

I'm looking for a smart padlock with a 0-9 keypad which can be opened using single use PIN numbers generated from an app that accompanies the padlock. I've searched and can't find anything which does this so throwing a bit of a hail Mary here in case anyone knows of such a device.

My use case is I have an outdoor shed beside a holiday cottage 200km away which is fairly remote and doesn't have WiFi. In the shed (carefully placed) is a key to the cottage. I'd like to be able to SMS someone a single use PIN # they could use to open the padlock to access the shed and retrieve the key whether that's friends and family who want to use the cottage or someone needing access to the cottage for other reasons.

Any suggestions or have I just invented a new type of smart padlock???

Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement