Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on space

Options
  • 09-10-2023 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭

If im in space in space ship & i look at the world and i see North pole at the top & OZ at the bottom,

If i look with a telescope will the people at the north pole be the right way up & will people in Oz look upside down ???

Also if i flew back in on my space ship i could fly straight to the North pole grand but if i fly to Australia would i be upside when i fly in or would i have to flip the space ship over at some point .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Play No Man's Sky and all will be revealed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,523 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Master of the Universe

It's a videogame where you can fly a spaceship from space and seamlessly land anywhere on a planet.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Assuming that your spacecraft was oriented north for your initial observation, the answer to both questions would be 'Yes.'

Master of the Universe

That's it really. In reality, there's no 'up' or 'down' in space. There's just your own relative orientation to the object you're looking at.

Always find it a little bit funny in Star Trek when ships meet each other and they're all orientated the same way. In reality they'd more likely be in completely different orientations on their axis.

• Advertisement
Advertisement