Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Will this tyre pass NCT?

Options
  • 09-10-2023 9:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

will this car tyre pass the NCT ?

Post edited by bee_kay on

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭GavPJ

No. Repair is too close to the tyre wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Looks like an untrimmed plug - it's very close to the side wall of the tyre and doubtful it will pass.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,480 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

that's a pisser, looks like it's a nearly new tyre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bee_kay

apart from NCT, is it safer to drive with this tyre or it needs a replacement?

Also do we need to replace tyres in pairs or just one is good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Miscreant

I would be wary of driving with that tyre so err on the side of caution and get it replaced when you can. The usual wisdom is to replace tyres on an axle at the same time so you would be looking at 2 tyres. If the tyre on the other side is relatively new and you can find another one to match, then you should be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 bee_kay

It's an almost 2 year old tyre but actual manufacturing date goes to 2015 with 15k + kms driven.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That tyre should be replaced asap imo. There is no way I'd continue driving on that tyre irrespective of what the NCT might say.

Post edited by bazz26 on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

This is a wind up thread, right? Is this our dreamer who we lost for a while? You gave us wind up threads like Mechanic won’t give me my car back, Teenager I’m giving a lift to is mocking my driving etc. etc.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

Advertisement