Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Eircom/Vodafone shares

Options
  • 09-10-2023 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi,

It seems that back in 2020 Vodafone changed the VSA service provider from Computershare to Equiniti. I still have shares in Vodafone derived from the original Eircom shares and I'm trying to figure our how to sell them. It looks like there are two potential problems:

(i) It looks like the won't allow online selling unless you are resident in the UK, I'd have to sell them by post as though we were still in the 1900's, is this correct ? I mean they are still transferring the dividends electronically into my current account every year why can I not also do the selling electronically ?

(ii) On the postal dealing form they say they'll charge an extra £60 if you can't send them the original share certificate. I do have the very original Vodafone Share Certificate from 2006 and then in 2014 I have the correspondence from the 'Return of Value' transaction. In this letter it explains that my old shares have been converted at a rate of 6 for 11 and gives a statement of my new Vodafone holdings in Computershare and states **Any share certificates you previously held are now of no value and should be destroyed**. From this point onwards the shares have been purely electronic, no new Share Certificate was ever issued.

Has anyone else had to go through this, do I really have to do the trade by post ? Are they really going to insist on a physical share certificate which never existed in the first place ? It really seems like their system isn't set up to cater for my scenario.

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,

Usjes

Advertisement