Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please

Options
  • 06-10-2023 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone

I'm looking for advice on a watch for Xmas. Would have up to 1000 euro to spend.

New to the watch scene and would love some experienced people to give me some ideas. SEIKO maybe?

I like metal bands as opposed to leather

Thanks everyone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Give us some more details on what you like / dislike and style of watch you're aftert.

Dress watch? Dive Watch? Flieger?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

I would say dive watch as I seem to be drawn to them more.

Probably silver colour wise as I have a couple of darker watches. Not a big gold fan but saying that a Bulova Marine Star series A in gold caught my eye the other day.

Dial colour or bezel colour doesn't bother me.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Seiko have a few nice divers in the spb range. Longines Hydroconquest, Doxa sub 200,christopher ward c60 are all options, but really you're better off going to chrono24 and putting in what you like and see what's available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

Appreciate the recommendations..will check them out..thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭scwazrh

If you prefer your watch to be on a bracelet stay away from Seiko . If you’re going to spend a grand I would stick with Swiss .Look at Hamilton or tissot . Actually a tissot prx might be one to look at, probably has the best bracelet on a watch under a grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭davmigil

Straight from the selling and swapping thread, maybe fits your criteria?

https://www.adverts.ie/32018660

• Registered Users Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Advertisement