Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Cabinet Identification

Options
  • 06-10-2023 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭

Long shot but looking to see if anyone remembers an arcade cabinet that was around in the early 80's

it was the first time I had seen a cabinet with an external weapon.

as far as I can remember it had the Tommy gun affixed to a base but was several feet from the screen and I think it vibrated as the base plate would go up and down.

The items on the screen were just waves of the same thing that would change every so often like skulls and hot air balloons and you had to shoot them to increase your score

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,679 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Sounds vaguely like Bullet Mark from the 70s perhaps ? Believe they had a few similar type games around the mid to late 70s, but the Tommy Gun reference sounds familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

bang on!

That's it! so it's not just a 40 year old fever dream 😁

I would have played this on Blackpool Pier around '83

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Just a note on Blackpool, I was there last weekend for the Play Blackpool event, was great fun. Very surprised how big the Blackpool promenade was, it must have been very cool back in its day. Like every seaside town, the introduction of cheap flights was their downfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

saw this today and thought I would put you to the test, I have the answer if you don't get it

Advertisement