Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patio for a new build - lay paving in concrete or sand

Options
  • 06-10-2023 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭

Hi

We're building a new house and we're looking at paving for the patio. From what I can gather, we can use thinner "tile-like" slabs but we'll need to lay them in concrete or get thicker (20mm+) and lay them in sand. Any thoughts on which option is better?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Pod123

Laid patio myself and laid it on sand cement wet mix,got a builder to finish the other half as I had no time and he laid it on a dry sand cement mix.

The difference is the ones I laid have no moss or weeds in the joints,the builder side has,both used the same type of grout

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Layer of hardcore compacted, layer of sand compacted and somewhat level, then wet cement mix. This has worked great for me

Advertisement