Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longford train station - parking spaces?

Options
  • 04-10-2023 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, anyone able to tell me what the station is like for parking spots midweek? Specifically a Wednesday morning or there abouts. It says there are 50 spots at the station which doesn't seem like a lot.

Will be commuting to Dublin and debating whether it's worth driving a bit further to Longford given more trains go there. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Yeah, there’s a carpark across the road, it's €2 a day.

The entrance is to the left side of the building in the photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Thanks. And there’s usually plenty of parking available at it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rena13

There is a shop near the train station, the furniture place Mollaghans of Longford that have parking, you need a €2 coin to get out. See picture below where A is the train station and B is the furniture place.

I wanted to post the google maps link but the forum doesn't let me. So if you wish go to Google maps and post the eircode for the furniture shop N39 ND77 then zoom in and you will see what appears in the picture above. We never had a problem to find parking there but we usually use it very early in the morning.

Advertisement