Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Test day with Royal Enfield Limerick

Options
  • 04-10-2023 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Anyone done the test day with these guys down in Adare ? Wondering what's involved, how many peolpe involved etc. Thinking of giving it a go next month.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Can you give a link please or details ? My son is 32 and thinking about an Enfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Quillo

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Sir Galahad

Hmm, don’t think I’ll be paying for a test ride 🤔. I’ve thirty eight years experience on bikes and just want to test a bike for my son (a learner). So maybe this event is not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

€250 for test riding 4 bikes over a day? They are taking the p1ss. And then to offer you a voucher for 50% of this cost back if you decide to buy one from them. Nah- not for me.

To be honest it would put me off ever going there again - does this mean that if I turn up on a regular day and want to test drive a bike they would be charging me?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I see Royal Enfields as a false economy anyway... Go for a Moto Guzzi V7, they're much better put together, are rock solid, V'Twin engines, hand made in Italy and have a shaft drive. Any they aren't a huge amount more than an interceptor in the Irish market. Plus they need far less servicing. Megabikes generally have test bikes available, and I don't believe they charge a test fee for you to buy a bike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I wonder if you called them in advance and told them you were serious about possibly buying one would you get as many test rides as you needed?

This idea of a group test day for €250 a head is nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I actually have a Royal Enfield Meteor. For my uses it is a great bike- I really cant fault it apart from the 120km/hr limiter that is on the bike. But its rare that I get out of urban areas so not much of an issue for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

I've never bought a new bike and so I'm not familiar with what testing is avaialble from shops.

Can you just show up and ask to test a showroom bike ?

Have to say the charges involved in the Limerick test seem high but the thing that really shocked me is the €750 "security deposit" to cover the first €750 of and damage or theft. Now if I'm on an unfamiliar bike on unfamiliar roads riding at a pace set by someone else seems to me there's a chance of at least minor damage ! I can see how it makes sense from their perspective but not from mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Breezin

I'm biased, because I have an Interceptor 650, but Bennett's did a head-to-head on YouTube a few years ago and the Enfield came out on top over the Guzzi. You need to ride one to appreciate it, I think. (That said, I do like a shaft, and that's why I got an R Ninet -- but couldn't bring myself to sell the RE.)

BTW, I had to pay a fee for a test ride in Bikeworld a few years back... they said it was to cover insurance.

• Advertisement

I think this test by FortNine tells a lot about how far RE have come in terms of build quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GAUo8eUXeU&t=307s

MG not in the test but the two Italians that are there do not do well.

Advertisement