Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Critical Skill Permit ( Msc Accounting & Finance )

Options
  • 04-10-2023 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, I have completed my Msc in Accounting & Finance from Dundee University in Scotland. And someone is willing to offer me a Job Contract in ireland according to my requirements. My question is What route should i go Critical Skills or General Work permit ? If it is critical Skill what Job title / occupation letter i must get from my employer that i don't get rejected by enterprise department and If going through general work permit what Job title / occupation letter i must get ? Can somebody Assist ? I will be very thankful

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Each month Eurostat collects the labour market statistics from each of them member states of the EU/EEA/CH and produces a labour market report indicating the skill shortage throughout the market. If your skillset is listed there, then it is very likely that you will be granted the appropriate paperwork to take up a position within the EU/EEA/CH by a member state including Ireland, if not then there is very little chance, as priority is given to citizens of the EU/EEA/CH in the first instance.

It is also important to understand that citizens of a third country are expected to be fully qualified to offer the skills being provided. And in that respect it is important to understand that since BREXIT, there is no obligation on states of the EU/EEA/CH to recognise qualifications obtained outside the block, especially if obtained by the citizen of a third country.

If as it seems, you are a freshly minted graduate with no experience or recognised professional qualifications, I expect it will be very difficult to convince the authorities that you are in a position to provide a critical skill set to any employer. That said most of the member states of the block offer some opportunities for citizens of third countries to train and obtain professional qualifications within their jurisdiction and that might be a more fruitful avenue to explore. That or perhaps the EU's Blue Card (https://www.apply.eu/).

Generally speaking most of the members of the block offer permanent resident status plus citizenship after five years, so going down the road of obtaining a professional qualification in any member state would eventually get you were you want to be.

Advertisement